Digital Art: Macro Photography 10

 "Digital Art: Macro Photography"

On November 23, 2022, we had to do Macro Photography in our English Class. What is Macro Photography? It is a type of photography that captures extremely small subjects and make them appear bigger or larger than it is in real life. 

This is the Raw Photo I took before I edited it

For this photography activity, I chose flowers as my subject since I have found them in the garden of the School. The flowers are called Mirabilis Jalapa or "Four O’Clocks" because they bloom or open from late afternoon to night. The raw photo is attached above the texts. 

Process of Editing:
I use Lightroom and Ibis Paint to edit/enhance my photo. I used Ibis paint to blur the background of the image to have a "Bokeh" effect and to focus on the subject since I only used my phone to take the picture. Next, I used Lightroom to edit the photo colors. I added more contrast when editing to make the shadows pop and the details show more. I lowered the photo's shadows, whites, and blacks, to add more shadows since the raw image is way too light for my liking. I made the temperature of the photo warmer because the flower fits the summer vibe, and I also made the saturation and vibrance higher for the colors of the flower to be more shown. That is all for my editing, and the edited version makes the flower more vibrant and gives the colors some justice.


Final Picture of Mirabilis Jalapa

Here is the final product after editing with Lightroom and Ibis Paint. There's a huge difference between the raw and final photo. 


Comments

Popular Posts